· Family Action has launched Food on Our Doorstep clubs. Find out more contact SouthendFoodClubs@family-action.org.uk
· Family Fund announces new funding for families in England & Wales in response to the continuing crisis caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. www.familyfund.org.uk
· Southend Carers Eat or Heat initiative
Do not forget to click on the link :
Virtual Support & Chat for parent carers with children & young people with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Friday 5th February 2021
· More grant support packages coming soon (Southend Local Authority only)
· Brain busters & competitions
Regular brain busters weekly on the page during Covid Lockdown. Keep your eyes peeled for Act of Kindness coming next week.
· We have a new partnership with Trust Links - more details to follow on a separate email.
Dragon’s Den- Please continue to email to express your interest.
‘In January 2021 Julia won Dragon’s Den by delivering a pitch in the benefits of Sensory items. She won £500 from Andrew Hampton (The Dragon from Thorpe Hall School) to spend on sensory items to help the members of SEND the Right message families self-regulate.’
We cannot wait to distribute these items. Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if your child has a particular need for sensory toys. *pictures above are examples*
We will go through all applications & ensuring the process is fair.
· SEND Design Engagement Group (SDEG)
If you are interested in becoming part of SDEG which would involve influencing, sharing thoughts & shaping new initiatives with SEND the Right message. Trust Links partnership for school-based anxiety for example. Please contact us on email@example.com for more information. This is in the developing stage.
· Social Care
We are attending social care co-production sessions every Thursday organised by SAVS to develop better understanding about SEND & current services with the hope to influence the way these services are designed & influenced.
To provide ALL our experiences of social care and how as parents with disabled children in Southend feel about early help etc. I have produced a survey. It is very quick and is confidential in the fact that you will not be named but comments could be used to highlight issues. Are these other teams such as assessment and intervention teams misunderstanding our SEND kids?
Help me to help you
Any other comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far in this survey.
· Mental Health for SEND
Please watch Julia’s emotional YouTube interview with our patron’s Melanie Leahy. Please support and sign the petition.
Have a great weekend!
Maggie, Julia & Team at SEND the Right message